SBI is now a days much into launching credit cards with other brands. Previously it has launched a credit card with Vistara named SBI Vistara Credit card. This card was introduced to make air travel less costly. Now, after collaborating with IRCTC, it has launched a new card named IRCTC SBI Card Premier. They have launched this card to make railway travel easy for those often use train to travel.
SBI IRCTC credit card joining Fees
|Joining/Renewal Fee||Rs.1500+GST (Renewal fee will be reversed on 2L spend)|
|Welcome Benefit 1||1500 reward points|
|Welcome Benefit 2||BookMyShow Movie voucher worth 500 on spends of INR 2000 within first 60 days|
The benefit points provided will cover the fee paid by you for the card.
- IRCTC Train Bookings: 10% as points (AC1, AC2. AC3 and AC CC)
- IRCTC Flight Bookings: 5% as points
- Dining & SI on Utility spends: 2.4% as points
- All other spends: 0.8% as points (1 Reward point for every Rs.125)
- 1 Reward point = Rs.1
Here you get another benefit in terms of flight booking. Very few people know that it is possible to book flight tickets through IRCTC as well. That too on good reward points of 5%. But to get eligible reward the ticket holder should be the same as the card holder.
OLA Money SBI Credit Card
- 2,500 Points on annual “travel” spends of Rs.50,000
- 5,000 Points on annual “travel” spends of Rs.1,00,000
SBI IRCTC credit card features
- This card brings you great offers on travel, golf, dining and other entertainment options from Visa.
- Save 1% on transaction charges by making payment using IRCTC SBI credit card.
- Withdraw cash from over 1 million Visa ATMs worldwide.
- Your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is a travel card and can be used in over 29 million Visa outlets worldwide & 3,25,000 outlets in India
- Enjoy freedom from paying the 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India, on transactions of Rs.500 – Rs.3,000, exclusive of GST and other charges.
- Complimentary insurance Cover: INR 10L for Rail Accident / INR 50L for Air Accident and fraud liability cover of INR 1L.
This card is not only good for railway users but is also beneficial for air travel bookings. It provides a generous amount of rewards and cashbacks. If you could do 1L in travel spends, this may help you save up to Rs.20k a year. But remember one thing, if you want renewal fee waiver then you have to spend more than or equal to 2L per year. If your spending is less than 40,000 then you’re downgraded to IRCTC platinum card.
How can I update my email ID and mobile number linked with my SBI Card account?
In order to update your email ID and mobile number via SBI Card online account, follow these simple steps by using our ‘click to service’:
Go to sbicard.com/quickcontact
Enter SBI Card no., CVV no. & Date of Birth
Your One Time Password (OTP) will be sent on your registered mobile no. & e-mail ID. This OTP is valid for 30 min. or one successful usage
Enter your OTP correctly to update your email ID & mobile number and press submit
How can I generate/change transaction PIN for credit card?
To generate transaction PIN through Website:
Login to your online account and click on ‘My Account’ tab present on the left hand side menu and follow these steps:-
Click ‘Manage Pin’
Select the card for which pin needs to be changed
Click on ‘Generate OTP’
Enter the OTP
Enter the New PIN twice, and click submit
How can I check my Credit Card Outstanding and available credit limit?
WEBSITE: Login to your SBI Card account through sbicard.com and check the ‘Current Outstanding’ in Account Summary section.
APP: Log into the SBI Card Mobile App and check the ‘Total Outstanding’ under the Summary Tab. Click Here to download.
SMS: SMS BAL where XXXX = Last 4 digits of your SBI Card or TATA Card number to 5676791 from your registered mobile number
EMAIL: Write to us at sbicard.com/email